Re: User's Process Id

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 10:49:44 EST

Unless there's a dump of some sort, I don't think that there's any way of
doing this. The best you can do is find out who was logged on at the time
of the failure.

Are you sure that the UID is not somewhere in the errpt?

If you have auditing running, that might show you something but it's rather
dependent on what it's actually auditing; I doubt that it'll be much help.

If it's important, and you're prepared to spend the time you could search
through all of the log files and see if they show anything at or around the
time of the failure.

You could also look in /tmp, /home and anywhere else you can think of for
files
created and/or modified at or around the time of the failure. That might
give
you some clues. (Use find with the -newer/-older options.)

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe