Re: How to enable a large file system

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 22:16:15 EST

Why even give him hope by saying "no easy way"? There
is NO way. The inodes have a completely different
structure with the large file-enabled file system.
Even if you attempt were write a C-program to go and
muck with the inode tables, I think you could easily
map a scenario where you would't be able to remap
them. I.e., only under very limited circumstances
could this even be attempted -- hence, I'd just say,
"there's NO way" and I wouldn't be overreacting or
exaggerating.

- pAG