Re: How to enable a large file system

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:53:50 EST

Delete and recreate the filesystem.

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

                    fcheung
                    <fcheung@SOLUTION To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    -SOFT.COM> cc:
                    Sent by: "IBM AIX Subject: How to enable a large file system
                    Discussion List"
                    <aix-l@Princeton.

                    11/07/2002 11:21
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    "IBM AIX
                    Discussion List"

Admins,

Could someone guide me to change enable a large file support on a
existing file
system? I changed the file limit to unlimited on /etc/security/limit.
But I can't
change the Fragment Size and Allocation Group Size on a existing file
system.

Thanks

Frank

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312) 653-6000.