Re: LDAP - Can it Cut It?

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@MISYSHEALTHCARE.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 12:01:43 EST

that may have been it, thanks! I use a program called cpu to do the actual
user adds and modifies, but wrote a readline-based perl program wrapper for
it so that my "manager" could add users if I was out. The web page I'm
using started life as "webpass" found on freshmeat, but I modified it do to
ldap password lookup (to make sure user x put the correct OLD password in),
and I wrote a couple of little programs it calls to do the ldap change, and
to create and modify the samba password. The original goal of all of this
was to point everything at active directory when corporate finally got off
their hands and upgraded from nt 3.5, but we've had a re-org since then and
I guess i'll be keeping everything in house...I can tell you that having one
password for all the resource has dropped my user nuisance calls to very
nearly zero. I'll check out that resource and see if I can't get my 4.3.3
machines using ldap directly.

I'll check the code and make sure it's sanitized and try to zip it all up
and post it later.