Sendmail relay question

From: Vázquez, Gustavo (GustavoV@CORREO.COM.UY)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:05:50 EDT

Hi all. I'm trying to configure the smart relay in an AIX box. So, I edit
the sendmail.cf file and I add the following line:

DSsmtp:host

The host is in the host table (I tryed with full domain name too). When I
send a message to an address outside the domain, I get the following message
(response from a mailq command):

SAA27270 9 Fri Oct 25 18:13 gustavov
                 (gvazquez@yyyyy.com.uy... yyyyy.com.uy: Name server tim)
                                   gvazquez@yyyyy.com.uy

and when trying to force the send of the messages with sendmail -v -q I get
the following:

gvazquez@yyyy.com.uy... internet.com.uy: Name server timeout
gvazquez@yyyy.com.uy... Transient parse error -- message queued for future
delivery

The relay is an Exchange server (sorry for this :) ) and the nameserver is
configured to point to an internal DNS and an external DNS.

Thanks in advance
Gustavo Vázquez.-