Re: automounter - how to refresh after adding another filesystem to auto_master?

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 13:00:26 EDT

Actually, I don't think you need to fool with the daemon at all. Whenever I
make a change to any of the automount configuration files I simply run
"automount" from the command line. This forces the automount daemon to
re-read the configuration files. I believe this is supported in AIX 4.3.1
and later (that's when automount was replaced by AutoFS).

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2