stuck NFS-process, AIX5.1

From: Jan-Frode Myklebust (janfrode@PARALLAB.UIB.NO)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 05:58:15 EDT

Hi,

I just experienced a stuck 'exportfs -a' process that caused
NFS-serving to stop working. I coulnd't really recover from it by
normal means (kill, stop/start nfsd, umount, etc.), so I ended up
rebooting the node. Not a very nice situation, as I lost a few jobs
that had been running for a while, and had no checkpointing.

Does anybody have any suggestions to how I could have gotten rid of
it without rebooting? I think I've seen some 'kdb' solution to fixing
stuck NFS-processes earlier, but can't find them. Good documentation
on 'kdb' would also be nice to have if anybody got any good pointers.

  -jf