p670/690 Partitioning

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 11:20:42 EDT

Hello,

I have a p670 where all of the currently installed resources will go to
one partition.

So I could run a "FullSystemPartition" or create a partition with all
resources on my own.

When a FSP runs, I cannot even create profiles. Dont know/understand
why. Maybe this will be possible with aix5.2 and a corresponding HMC
upgrade.
Also I cant add/start a new partition (of course) when a FSP runs.

Those are small disadvantages. But what is the advantage of a FSP? Only
that I save a few clicks to allocate all resources to a partition?

I am fairly new to HMC/Regatta etc; its quite possible that I overlook
something obvious.

Regards,

Holger