Re: script for transfer (ASCII) file from AIX to mainframe

From: Page, Jennifer (Jennifer.Page@rbcdain.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 15:41:14 EDT

One option - "site" command:
----------

PUT_FILE=blah
STAMP=blah
LOG_FILE=
FTP_PUT_SITE=blah

Ftp_MainFrame()
{
        LOG_FILE=/tmp/${PUT_FILE}.${STAMP}.ftp_push_output
ftp -i $FTP_PUT_SITE << iIi > ${LOG_FILE} 2>&1 || return -1
ascii
site lrecl(2900) blksize(0) recfm=vb
mput ${PUT_FILE}
iIi
}

*Not being a mainframe person, I am sure some on the list can tell you why you need to know the size of the file you are sending to the mainframe or ???. In the above example the mainframe will accept each record as 2900 bytes (mainframe will pad) and variable length.