Re: Comparing p660 6H1 and 6M1

From: antfio@MUZE.COM
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 13:10:18 EDT

I believe this is true. All Power4 systems on the market by IBM are required
to be a AIX 5 (The 630 requires AIX 5 ML02). Most likely due to the Power4's
support of Logical Partitioning. I'd recommend you have a look at the
redbook mentioned in the previous thread. Also, here's the link to the IBM
sales manual on the rack mount 630..

http://www2.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=gC1E4iMFqgXj9B2USenGnN9332&req
uest=salesmanual&parms=H%5f7028%2d6C4&xhi=usa%2emain%7csalesmanual%5e&xfr=N

IMHO..the 630 is a very powerful server at a really good price. But it's
scalability is somewhat limited compared to the 660.

HTH,

Anthony