Re: HACMP Cluster and Shared File System

From: Ferenc Gyurcsan (fgyurcsa@AVAILANT.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 11:22:09 EDT

AFAIK, HANFS has been integrated into the HACMP and HAES product line. The
functionality that came with it is supported only on two-node clusters (NFS
locking, but I'm not real familiar with that functionality, but I know it
will not work if you have more than two nodes. There are certain calls that
are made if you have two nodes.).

I don't know how Oracle logs, but you could either:
-get the logging mechanism to log to a remote node (in which case the
logging facility will handle the "concurrent" access, but you have to make
it highly available (which shouldn't be hard with a non-concurrent resource
group),
-or you could use NFS, and then one of the nodes has the fs mounted, and the
other one crossmounts it, and then you still have to make sure that they
don't want to write to the same file.
-Or you could code something that will use HACMP's lock manager for locking,
but this could get hard real quick.

--Ferenc