guest account - security

From: Tim Brumfield (tbrumfield@MMRS.STATE.MS.US)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 16:51:20 EDT

Good day list. I have a general question relating to security. I am
trying to secure 2 servers, one running AIX 5.1 and an SP running AIX
4.3. I am considering how so secure the guest account.. Do most
administrators lock it down or remove it? Also, on ftps, do most admins
lock down the "anonymou" account, or remove it? I am thinking that I
will simply remove it since I don't anticipate anonymous ftps but would
like some feedback from persons more experienced.
Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks to all.

-Tim