Re: 7043-150 not displaying on 3151 until OS starts?

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 04:22:27 EDT

I've seem something slightly similar with an S7A. The system had been
booted with a console attached to S2. Subsequently, it wouldn't recognise
anything on S1 as a console. (I believe it would have still worked OK as an
ordinary serial terminal but wasn't in a position to try that.)

To get around it, we booted into maintenance mode. Then when it gets to the
point of saying "Press 1 to have this as your console", (or whatever the
message is), switch the cable over, then press 1. (The display doesn't
refresh, but it should still accept input.) everything was OK after that.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe