Re: xlC

From: Shawn Bierman (BiermanS@METHODISTHEALTH.ORG)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:34:03 EDT

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/cgi-bin/support/rs6000.support/fixsearch?fixdb=aix4&srchtype=fileset&query=xlC.rte

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/cgi-bin/support/rs6000.support/fixsearch?fixdb=aix4&srchtype=fileset&query=xlC.aix43.rte

I don't know if you've checked but thought these might help.

-shawn

>>> bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM 9/18/02 6:54:14 AM >>>
All,

I'm trying to install an ODBC driver on one of my AIX nodes. One of the
requisites for the driver is xlC version 5 (xlC.aix43.rte 5.0.0.0 &
xlC.rte 5.0.0.0). I currently have xlC 4.0.2.0 on this box.

I have the "C for AIX Version 5.0" CD but the xlC on that disk is version 4
?????

Does anybody know how I get xlC version 5?

Do I need to upgrade to "C for AIX Version 6"?

TIA,

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2