IBM 3153 config batteries?

From: Webb, Eric (EWebb@COOPERLIGHTING.COM)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 10:28:05 EDT

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the IBM 3153 terminals have a replaceable battery that
stores its configuration information? I have several units on hand that
seem to lose configuration everytime they're powered off. I have no problem
with breaking out the soldering station :)

Another annoying habit of some of my 3153's is that some will enter a
continuous cycle on power-on where they beep, wait two seconds, and beep
again with no display output. Disconnecting the keyboard, waiting for
screen output, and then replugging the keyboard seems to work. Anyone know
what causes this, and especially, how to fix it?

I apologize for the somewhat off-topic question.

Thanks,