Re: System user policies

From: Ignacio Vidal (ividal@BIYCSA.COM.AR)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 11:51:44 EDT

Kevin:
What I'm trying to use is SSH "in conjunction" with AIX user's policies...

What I've seen is that you could use the parameter "UseLogin" in sshd_config.
This way, you can set some definitions for users (like password length, and so...) and connect to the server using any ssh client.

When you establish the connection, the ssh server process uses "login" (from the unix-AIX box), and applies the defined policies (of the system) to the user who connects.

I'm not talking of a RSA scheme (with use of public-private key pairs). This is just for replacing telnet connections with ssh encrypted ones.

The parameter "UseLogin" has a bug reported against it for SSH server versions < 3.3 (I'm trying to install a 3.4 version of openssh package from open source developmet group of IBM, but I got some errors now...)

Hope this explained something else.
Regards

Ignacio