Re: UNKNOWN_ user in /etc/security/failedlogin

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 06:14:12 EDT

Because somebody tried to log on with a userid which is not known to the
system.

It would be possible to show the userid they attempted to use but this is
not done as a common mistake is to enter the password instead of the userid.
If this was recorded it would be a security risk.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe