Re: Write an AIX device driver

From: Ferenc Gyurcsan (fgyurcsa@AVAILANT.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 09:23:22 EDT

Yes, there is a "Kernel Extensions and Device Driver Support Programming
Concepts" book online, in the Programming Guides.
That will give you a start, but I would recommend taking the "AIX Device
Drivers" class, if you are serious about this driver. There is just too much
to it, considering 32/64 bits, MCA/PCI, ODM, etc. I took it, and I was
extremely satisfied with the quality of the material (we were sitting in the
classroom until Friday late evening, which doesn't happen too often with
other IBM classes, which are usually out Friday noon).

--Ferenc