Re: oracle db

From: Gene Sais (Gsais@CO.PALM-BEACH.FL.US)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 15:24:54 EDT

more info:

banp sp2f1n03:/oracle3/home/local/cfg>oerr ora 1157
01157, 00000, "cannot identify/lock data file %s - see DBWR trace file"
// *Cause: The background process was either unable to find one of the data
// files or failed to lock it because the file was already in use.
// The database will prohibit access to this file but other files will
// be unaffected. However the first instance to open the database will
// need to access all online data files. Accompanying error from the
// operating system describes why the file could not be identified.
// *Action: Have operating system make file available to database. Then either
// open the database or do ALTER SYSTEM CHECK DATAFILES.
banp sp2f1n03:/oracle3/home/local/cfg>

also, search metalink.oracle.com.

hth,
gene

>>> Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG 09/10/02 03:06PM >>>
check the ownership and permissions of /home/oracle and make sure the user
you started oracle as the appropiate access to it.