Re: smit via rsh

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 11:41:31 EDT

I don't think you can do smitty through rsh, (apart from through rlogin, of
course).

I suppose if you knew the right control strings you might be able to echo
them to your chosen stdin file, but I haven't the faintest idea how you'd go
about that. Frankly, I wouldn't even try. If you really don't want to log
on to the remote system, figure out what the commands are that you need and
execute them through rsh without using smit at all.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe