Re: Veritas Foundation Suite on AIX. why?

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 10:37:20 EDT

I've just had a quick look through some reference guides on the Redbook
site, and there are some differences and a few things which Veritas arguably
does better than LVM.

For example...
Veritas seems to be able to handle more disks than LVM
You can shrink a Veritas filesystem
Veritas does a more comprehensive job of defragmentation than JFS.

If you go to Redbooks Online and search for Veritas, you'll find a couple of
quick reference cards; take a look at them if you're interested.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe