Re: Veritas Foundation Suite on AIX. why?

From: Gene Sais (Gsais@CO.PALM-BEACH.FL.US)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 09:00:07 EDT

I have used Veritas on Solaris and can say this is a good thing. When it comes to storage/file system management, Veritas sets the standard.

fwiw,
Gene

>>> JLane@TORONTOHYDRO.COM 09/03/02 08:21AM >>>
Hi, All.

I just found out from a recent redbook that Veritas Foundation Suite,
the LVM function typically used on Solaris, has been ported to AIX
apparently with some kind of blessing from IBM. I couldn't tell from the
description why this is supposed to be a good idea, other than possibly
making my AIX and Solaris machines all look alike:.) has anybody out
there had any experience of this product on AIX? if so, why?

TIA

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services