Re: compress and ftp on the fly

From: Aaron W Morris (Decep@NETSCAPE.NET)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 17:59:29 EDT

You can do this with some FTP daemons (WU-FTPD comes to mind). Some support on-the-fly compression by putting ".gz" on the end of file names. Directories can also be tarred and gzipped on the fly by putting ".tar" or ".tar.gz" on the end of the directory names.

--
-Aaron W Morris
If not fully satisfied with this email, please return unread portion for a full refund.  Offer void in Utah.  Other restrictions apply.