Re: Copying files from AIX SAMBA 2.07 in Win9x

From: Tom Syroid (tom@SYROIDMANOR.COM)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 22:50:00 EDT

Jon,

First and foremost, I'd bring your Samba version up to current levels (as
of this writing, 2.2.5). There's been a HUGE number of bug fixes/code
corrections to Samba since 2.0.7 was released. Once you're there, and if it
still doesn't work, please provide:

1) a permission listing of the directory in question (in your case,
/tmp/reports; ls -l will do it),
2) a copy of your smb.conf file.

This is evidently a permission problem. Whether it lies in your local
filesystem or in your smb.conf settings cannot be derived from the
information provided.

Best,
/tom

--On Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:54 AM +0100 Jonathan Portman