Re: TCP Connection Utility

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 16:43:24 EDT

I can only recommend "telnet host <port#>", but that does not support a
range. I would guess however that you already know that. So I'm probably
already affirming something you already know :)

BV

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
MailStop: 27.201C

                    Bill Thompson
                    <bill.thompson@GOO To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    DYEAR.COM> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: TCP Connection Utility
                    Discussion List
                    <aix-l@Princeton.E

                    08/20/2002 01:57
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    IBM AIX Discussion
                    List

Hi all,

We have a third party tool we use under HP-UX called "tcpconnect".
Essentially it allows you to open a TCP connection to a remote host and you
can specify the source and destination ports. The syntax for the command is
as follows:

tcpconnect [-s <source port|source port range>] -d <destination port> [-h]
host

  -s source port or source port range e.g. 12000-12010 (optional)
  -d destination port (required)
  -h attempt to hold the connection open (optional, no hold is the
default)
  host remote hostname or ip address (required)

Does anybody know of a similar tool for AIX?

Thanks,

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.