Re: Creating smitty install packages

From: Sandor W. Sklar (ssklar@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 14:29:09 EDT

On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 11:10 AM, Bill Verzal wrote:

> Anyone out there ever created a smitty installable package ? We have a
> "standard build" process we go through, and I'd like to take our 3rd
> party
> and in-house software and create a smitty installable package.

we use the excellent "lppbuild" package, which is really just a couple
of shell and awk scripts. very simple to use, and works great. I use
it to package up all of the local software that we compile and install.

if you have questions about it, feel free to contact me off-list.

-s-

--
Sandor W. Sklar  -  Unix Systems Administrator  -  Stanford University
ITSS