SUMMARY:Simple Disaster Recovery Procedure?

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 10:14:53 EDT

Folks,

Thanks for your responses:

Kevin Adams
Simon Green
Bill Verzal
and (Sorry, there was one more but I forget now)

It appears that my proposed procedure will work just fine.

I also have some scripts that I would like to test

Thanks again!

Dave Zarnoch
UNIX Systems Administration
SunGard eSourcing
600 Laurel Oak Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Dave.Zarnoch@sungard.com

                      Dave.Zarnoch@SUNG
                      ARD.COM To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      Sent by: IBM AIX cc:
                      Discussion List Subject: Simple Disaster Recovery Procedure?
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      08/16/2002 01:25
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Folks,

We do a DR @ every 3 months for about 6 servers and would like to simplify
the procedures

At this point, we do the following:

Restore rootvg via mksysb

Reconstruct all non-rootvg volume groups, LVM and filesystems.

We then restore via TSM

What I propose goes as follows:

At our data center:

#savevg -ie datavg (for example)

in the exclude file, list the filesystems listed in the datavg VG
(what I'm assuming is this will get all of the filesystem data
without actually backing up data)

Then at the DR site:

Perform the restore of the mksysb first then,

#restvg -f /tmp/vgdata/vgname/vgname.data

Then use Tivoli to restore the actual data

What do you think?

Thanks!