Re: AIX Error: 73

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@bcbsil.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 11:52:46 EDT

/usr/include/sys/errno.h

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
MailStop: 27.201C

                    TIM MUELLER
                    <MUELLT@JFS.HAMILT To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    ON-CO.ORG> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: AIX Error: 73
                    Discussion List
                    <aix-l@Princeton.E

                    08/16/2002 10:15
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    IBM AIX Discussion
                    List

We're having a problem with the Oracle Listener. The listener log file
lists error messages from Oracle about protocol adapter error & lost
contact which is followed by the message "IBM/AIX RISC System/6000 Error:
73: Connection reset by peer" and elsewhere in the file is the message
"Error: 76: Socket is not connected".

It seems clear that this is an Oracle problem, but it frustrates me that I
can't find documentation on these AIX error messages. Does documentation
for these messages exist, and if so, where can I find it? Thanks.

-Tim

Tim Mueller
Hamilton County Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
muellt@jfs.hamilton-co.org