Re: WebSphere and HACMP

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 12:15:00 EDT

I still dont understand what is meant by binding to a hostname.

You can only bind to a combination of ip-address, port and protocol (tcp,udp).
Some apps use the hostname to determine an ip-address to bind to instead of using 0.0.0.0 for all interfaces.

So does App. X and websphere try to use the same combination?