rdist error

From: AIX geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 17:09:21 EDT

We use rdist to push out common files like
/etc/sudoers from a central server to all of the Sun,
AIX, and HP boxes.

For some AIX machines (not all), rdist, run as root
from the central Sun server, fails with:

updating host aix1
rdist: connection failed: version numbers don't match
updating host aix2
updating host aix3
rdist: connection failed: version numbers don't match
updating host aix4
rdist: connection failed: version numbers don't match

rcp and rsh work just fine. There are no .cshrc or
.profile files to deal with (I removed them and the
error continues; this is run as root).

Any ideas? AIX level doesn't seem to matter.
-AG