Re: H E L P ! ! !

From: Saxon, Lamar (Lamar.Saxon@AMERICREDIT.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 16:03:33 EDT

Maybe these help...

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.techTips?refNo=91132263813142

or

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.techTips?refNo=93327150515244

HTH,
Lamar

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Thompson [mailto:bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 2:50 PM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: H E L P ! ! !

AIX Gurus...

I have a server where I just layed down a new copy of AIX 4.3.3 ML 10.

I had a backup of rootvg on another disk so I could get to any file I need
asap.

One of the Oracle people were complaining about missing something in
/usr/ccs/bin so I thought I'd try to copy contents of the old /usr/ccs
directory to see if that would fix his problem.

First however, I renamed /usr/ccs to /usr/ccs.new.

Now NOTHING WORKS!

I did not realize libc.a was in /usr/ccs/lib!!!!

I'm still logged onto the system as root and I can echo the contents of
/usr/ccs.new (e.g.: echo /usr/ccs/lib/*) but I cannot run any command that
would allow me to fix this: ls, cp, mv, tar, nothing seems to work.

I need to get this system back as soon as possible. Does anybody have any
ideas??

Bill Thompson
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.