locked VG

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 10:34:32 EDT

Hi *,

I have a drive crash last night and it took down my S80 (it was a drive
with paging space on it).

Anyway, for some reason the VG is locked. I believe the VG locked at 6:00
this morning when my cron jobs run that build my disaster recovery files
(lsvg/lsjfs/lsjfs2/lslv, etc).

Anyway - I can't get the VG unlocked. I've killed all the threads from the
config program and I've made sure there are no LVM commands running against
the VG.

The 'chvg -u pagevg3' command just hangs on me. Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks- Bill.

If the speed of light is 299792458 m / s, what is the speed of dark?

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax