Re: loopback lo0 has high activity

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 14:16:43 EDT

TCP/IP uses it to function. Although not mentioned in RFC793 (as far as I
can see), it is utilized for many things. Siebel (actually, Actuate) uses
it. The SP 'SDR' uses it.

Run 'iptrace -e -i lo0 /tmp/iptrace.out' and let it run for a few minutes.

Kill the iptrace PID.

Then run 'ipreport /tmp/iptrace.out > /tmp/ipreport.out'

Do a more on /tmp/ipreport.out and you'll see what is using it.

BV

If the speed of light is 299792458 m / s, what is the speed of dark?

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             "Patrick B.
             O'Brien"
             <pobrien@DOIT.NV. To
             GOV> aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Sent by: IBM AIX cc
             Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton. Subject
             EDU> Re: loopback lo0 has high activity

             05/14/2004 12:56
             PM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

What does it do? I wouldn't do it on a production box, just playing.