Re: Fastt600 Performance

From: Yard, John (jyard@AIS.UCLA.EDU)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 18:17:07 EDT

There is a difference; I have been testing with bs=4096
and it is significantly slower with bs=1024 :

[urrept:/usr/local/bin] # timex dd if=/dev/worktest5 of=/dev/null
bs=4096
1253376+0 records in.
1253376+0 records out.

real 248.09
user 5.29
sys 103.49

You have mail in /usr/spool/mail/root
[urrept:/usr/local/bin] # timex dd if=/dev/worktest5 of=/dev/null
bs=1024
5013504+0 records in.
5013504+0 records out.

real 393.49