Re: Fastt600 Performance

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 13:11:06 EDT

We found significant speed differences depending on how we had the lvs
arranged on the 500/700. We're using it for oracle, so we set up 4
arrays, two on each controller and balance the raw lv creation between
the two controllers. We can get over 150 mb/sec on the 500, twice that
(of course) on the 700 (has a 2 gig backplane). How are your arrays
configured on the 600? You could fake load balancing by creating one
logical disk on each controller, adding both resulting hdisks to a vg
and creating lvs "striped" across the two hdisks....