Re: AW: AIX 5.2 Install

From: Yves Dorfsman (yves@ZIOUP.COM)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 11:57:49 EDT

On Sat, 8 May 2004 Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM wrote:

> mount the cd, search for the .toc file
> cd to that directory and do
> installp -l -d .
> this will show you whats on this cd
> most of the filesets from cd 2-6 you dont need
> with installp you also install the filesets
> installp -acpX -d . all
> would test an installation of everything, without the p flag it would install everything
> man installp

I am not sure if you really want to install everything. A lot of the stuff
on disk 2-6 are localisation... I can see installing one or two extra
localisation, but do you really need all the AIX messages in 50 different
languages.

The main stuff that are important beyond the first cd are on the second
and third one (alt_disk_install, perfagent). Use "smitty install", point
it to the CD drive, and hit F4 to check what's on them.

Yves.

----
Yves Dorfsman                                             yves@zioup.com
                                         http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay