Re: kingston memory

From: Mark Lamport (Mark.Lamport@KCMETRO.EDU)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 07:55:49 EDT

kingston memoryI have used Kingston before in a R24 and never had any problems. But if the machine is under IBM maintenance you may have problems. It seems to depend upon your local IBM office. Some will not allow any third party memory, some will allow but the first memory slot has to be IBM and they may require you to remove third party memory before they run diagnostics. I would be interested in third party memory for a p670. I have been told by a reseller that it uses the same memory as some PCs?

Mark Lamport