Node crashed 888 102 300 0C0

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 11:45:22 EDT

We just had a node crash with the above LED. The dump is to a dedicated
dump device so it'll be available at least until the next time the node
crashes! The node itself is an SP2 Silver node, with PSSP 3.2 and AIX
4.3.3.0_08.

It's rebooted OK on the second attempt. Initially it hung on 539, after
showing 731. I had it powered off and also re-set the modem attached to it;
it booted up OK when the power was restored.

There's nothing of significance in the error log: not even anything
referring to the Data Storage Interrupt, (which is what the "300" indicates
as the proximate cause of the crash).

We had some problems with this node last year and never got anywhere with
it. At that time I didn't have a valid dump, because there was a problem
with the AIX level on there: a mismatch between /unix and the actual running
version. At that time I checked that it was properly at ML08, did a bosboot
and updated the microcode.

Now, I've got a valid dump but it's out of support!

Can anybody help me with this? My main interest is in confirming that this
is a software problem and determining what the active process was at the
time of the interrupt - always assuming it WAS actually a DSI. Regrettably
my knowledge of "crash" is very limited. I've got the "Introduction to
Reading Dumps" IBM document, but I don't really understand it.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
<https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html>
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
<http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX>
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.