Re: Basic question on shell

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 05:37:56 EDT

Your memory is at fault. However, you can do this if you execute the script
in the same shell, by sticking a dot in front of it.
e.g. > . your_script
This is often used for setting environment variables.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.