Re: restricted ftp account

From: Jason delaFuente (jason.delafuente@GBE.COM)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 10:35:58 EDT

/usr/bin/false I believe is what you want to put in /etc/passwd so they cannot telnet. You can also set their user ID to not allow remote access (through smit).

Jason de la Fuente

>>> BiermanS@METHODISTHEALTH.ORG 05/03/04 09:08AM >>>
I have a need for an account that allows a user to ftp to a specific
directory and pull a single file. I don't want them to be able to
change to another directory or pull other files. Also, this directory
contains files that others will need access to so I can't lock it down
to this one user.

They should also not be able to telnet. I tried to make their shell
/usr/bin/ftp in the /etc/passwd file but then they couldn't ftp in so I
put it back.

Any ideas for this? Thanks.

-shawn