Re: AIX routing

From: Jason Grove (jason@SYSTEMS.WVU.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 20:39:02 EDT

Looks like you have an asymetric routing problem. We have the same
problem. We have an 6H1 that is a web server and a Cisco SSL box in
front of it. The cisco communicates over a private network to the 6H1,
but the 6H1 has a public address for ssh, etc. To solve it we setup the
Cisco box to NAT all the ips that came in so that when they hit the 6H1,
they all appeared to come from the private network, so it sent the data
back to the private network on the Cisco box and then was reverse nated
back to the end user. Works fine, just a very ugly setup. This is
probably the only way you can accomplish what you are wanting to do. If
your firewall does not have NAT ability, you could possibly set up an
Apache+Proxy box in between the firewall and IBM machine, then have the
firewall direct all queries to the Apache/proxy and then the
apache/proxy will get the info and pass it back through. Since the
apache box would be on your private network, the routing should not be a
problem.

jason