p650 with D20 I/O Drawer NIC issue. SMS network boot

From: Ralph R. Rye (RyeR@SCHNEIDER.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 16:56:44 EDT

Has anyone had an issue when assigning a NIC to a LPAR and booting SMS mode
and trying to boot of the network and not having the NIC show up in the
list of network interfaces to boot from???

Only the NIC's in the D20 have the issue. If I assign a NIC from the
internal PCI slots of the p650, it shows up fine.

I updated the p650 to the lasted microcode and the D20 and the NIC's where
already at the latest firmware. I also ran diags on the NIC's and they
come up clean.. I can assign the NIC into a LPAR with an OS and I see the
NIC fine....

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,
Ralph