Re: How to improve LTO tape driver performance?

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 08:51:08 EDT

What type of system are you connected to ?

Machine type, speed, memory, SCSI connection type, disk connection type ?
These are all variables that affect the throughput of the tape drive.

BV

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
MailStop: 27.201C

                    <leed@CHELE.CA To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    IS.NET> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM Subject: How to improve LTO tape driver performance?
                    AIX Discussion
                    List
                    <aix-l@Princet
                    on.EDU>

                    08/07/2002
                    08:09 AM
                    Please respond
                    to IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List

we just purchased a LTO 3580 tape driver connect to IBM Pseries
computer. Based on document, LTO performance can be 15MB ~ 30
MB/sec. While on our environment, I have been set "block size" to 0, 32k
or 128K. The best performance I can get is 12MB/sec.

Does anyone know how to improve LTO performance?

Thanks.