Configure DNS

From: Kumar, Praveen (cahoot) (Praveen.Kumar@CAHOOT.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 07:13:39 EDT

Hi *,
        I have an AIX server which i want configure as a DNS server, and
this would be used by only 2-3 pc's. I have done the following to configure
the same,

* Created a file named.boot under /etc, whose contents are

directory /etc
primary testitc.com named.data
primary in-addr.arpa named.rev

* Created a file named.data using the awk script given in
/usr/samples/tcpip
* Then changed the hostname to a fully qualified domain name
* Created the file resolv.conf under /etc with the following entries

nameserver 127.0.0.1
domain testitc.com

but when i give nslookup it says "cannot find server.......:Server failed"

Can some let me know where am i going wrong.

It would be great if someone can give steps to configure a DNS server. This
is not for a Production environment,so only resolution of the hostname is
sufficient.

TIA
Praveen.K

*********************
Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or
changed after they are sent. cahoot does not accept liability for any such
changes.
If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please
contact the sender using an alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.

This email may contain confidential information intended solely for use by
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
you should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its
contents.

Please notify the sender immediately of the error.

cahoot is a division of Abbey National plc.
Abbey National plc is registered in England, registered number 2294747.
Registered Office: Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place,
London, NW1 3AN.