various methods of cancelling print jobs

From: John Dunn (john.dunn@SEFAS.CO.UK)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 07:57:44 EDT

I have been looking at the various tools and methods in AIX for
cancelling/deleting print jobs and notice that
SMIT....Print...Spooling...Cancel print job uses enq, whilst the WSM Print
Queue utility uses cancel. I think the VSM Print Manager uses cancel too.

The SMIT option seeems to delete jobs OK from remote queues, but the WSM and
WSM interfaces do not, presumably because SMIT uses enq and the others use
cancel.

As only enq seems to work for deleting jobs from my remote print queues, can
I change what the VSM and WSK interfaces use to delete jobs? the WSM Print
Queue intetrface shows you the script that it runs. Can I change this?