netstat -a help

From: Jason delaFuente (jason.delafuente@GBE.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 12:42:07 EDT

On system A the following command
    netstat -a|grep 3700
shows
    udp4 0 0 *.3700 *.*

On system B I see the following with the same command
   udp4 36300 0 *.3700 *.*

As you can see the second machine has packets sitting in the receive buffer. They do not go away. We had an application that was experiencing problems (locked up) on Node B and ended up doing an HACMP failover to Node A. The first node DID NOT have this entry in its netstat output before the failover but it does now, the rec buffers are empty. The entry on Node B went away when the application failed over. I'm trying to find out where exactly this connection is coming from. Already checked in /etc/services and there is nothing defined for 3700. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Jason de la Fuente