Re: DNS and export

From: Debby Ar (debby_ar@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 22:30:03 EDT

How about using IP aliases instead of DNS aliases? IP
aliases are relatively new to me, but I am using them
now on two systems with no problems. With an IP
alias, you assign multiple IP addresses to the same
network adapter. In DNS, they get separate entries,
not alias entries.

I am using NFS, but not NIS, on AIX 5.1.