Re: 64 Bit Kernel

From: Jason delaFuente (jason.delafuente@GBE.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 12:17:35 EDT

That is your hdisk. Probably should be written /dev/<ipldevice>

Where ipldevice is where Boot logical volume resides.

Jason de la Fuente

>>> D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM 04/07/04 11:05AM >>>
We'll be changing to a 64-bit kernel for Oracle 9.2 soon. I recieved
some instructions from IBM and was just wondering about the 'ipldevice'
after the bosboot command. Does anyone know what this does? I'm used to
setting the boot image to a hdisk.

Here are the instructions:

To truly change the kernel to 64-bit, you need to be at the 5.1 or 5.2
oslevel.

>From 32-bit to 64-bit:

ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /unix
ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /usr/lib/boot/unix
lslv -m hd5
bosboot -ad /dev/ipldevice

shutdown -Fr

Regards,