Re: Auditing user logins and logouts

From: Willeat, Todd (TWilleat@MHP.SMHS.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 13:16:25 EDT

Removing the objects files has taken care of the S_PASSWD_READ problem. I
was trying to use stream mode because I don't need to store the info locally
since it will be going to a syslog server. I do still have a problem though:

When a user logs in, the auditing system shows root running the tsm command,
and for logout (by typing exit), it also shows root because root runs the
telnetd process. Do you know of a way to show the login name for the user
logging in/out?

For example, I logged in as myself (twilleat) here:
USER_Login root OK Tue Apr 06 12:13:51 2004 tsm

USER_Exit root OK Tue Apr 06 12:13:53 2004 telnetd