Re: Unable to unmount a filesystem

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 13:13:50 EDT

What has happened is that syslogd, (or some other process) was writing to
one or more log files in your filesystem. You deleted those files, but
syslogd still has them open. If you compare df and du output, you should
spot a discrepancy. (This is quite common.)
Those numbers at the end are the PIDs writing to the unlinked files. I'm
not sure what the suffix represents.
To sort things out, you need to stop whatever is writing to those files. If
it's just syslogd, then stopsrc/startsrc should do the trick.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2